Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do you know your experience of Jesus, Allah, whatever is real?

and not the same type of experience I get when listening to a beautiful song (Midlake's "Bandits"), watching a good movie (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), watching a beautiful sunset, etc...?



As a matter of fact, when I was a Christian, I thought I "experienced" god... in fact, I KNEW I had. The experiences I now have of the latter mentioned are far stronger now that I don't USE god to explain them.



How do you know your experience of Jesus, Allah, whatever is real?comedy show



I know my Higher Power is real as opposed to the nice feelingt I get when I hear aforementioned song for two reasons. the first is because I have always just known due to the way I was raised-call it faith. I know that answer is never enough for folks who post this question and though I feel no need to convince anyone of an absolute, I was brought back from death with a responsibility to tell this story.



In 2003 at the age of 43 I had Pneumonia which went into Acute Respiratory Distress ARDS and I wound up on a ventilator for several days. My husband was told to prepare for my death and so he went home to tell our sons then 12 and 9 that Mommy was dying.



I am told that later that night I arrested or came close and obviously they brought me back. The reason I am telling you all of this is to answer your question, how do I know my experience of God is real? That night when my lungs stopped working and I left briefly I went to a place that was filled with a feeling unlike any I have ever experienced before or since. The physical peace and the overwhelming waves of love coming at me were indescribable. I had always had book faith and thought my heart was in on it as well until that moment when I realized that it all really was real. It was at that point that I realized I had still been hedging my bet about the whole God and life after death thing.



What I know now is that I am not afraid of dying, that all my loved ones are waiting for me and that the only requirement for entry is a decent loving heart and a life lived with love for your God who/whatever that maybe. None of this is up for debate for me, it just is.



How do you know your experience of Jesus, Allah, whatever is real?greek theater opera theater



If a sunset exceeds your experience with the creator of the universe, then perhaps I would question whether that experience was real, I applaud your seeking soul.
God doesn鈥瞭 need to be put to the test, as we are, he is there anywhere, anytime, you will feel him when you allow your heart to do so.



If you felt him while being christian, you can feel him now, it may just be that you are to hurt, or to disappointed that you are feeling all those experiences, without giving credit to the one who keeps you alive.
I know i've experienced God because like you I was a believer and then an un-believer. I was dying...got on my knees and begged god to save me and I knew God in moment more than I ever did. I was healed by God. I'm sure it's hard for you to believe. I was desperate and begged and cried and God healed me. I felt a rush all through my body and the pain went away. A presence was in my room. This wasn't a spectale at some huge church, it was in my home by my bed. I hope you can find God again.



I'm glad you asked that mr. LOL. I didn't want to go on and on and on in writing. I was dirt poor. I had no doctor. I had just had my second baby and we had no car, we barely had a roof over our heads. I was a teen-ager with nobody to help me. I was alone. Like I said, I was desperate. I don't want to make this a huge long thing but i'm sure I had some sort of infection from birth, and I also had extreme pain in my throat. I was running 107 for so long my brain should be fried. I was healed by God. I felt him in my room, I asked him to leave because I was afraid. My husband was hiding under the covers. I am telling you something from my heart, that I experienced. I hope that you will respect it and not poke fun. I was instantly painless and feverless.



I really love your music. I added you on myspace. Pretty interesting stuff.
lission to your heart, and your will know what is real
Nobody ever said that Satan won't give you "experiences"... Satan has one goal.. To keep you occupied with anything other than God..



Satan will fulfill the desires of your flesh and tell you that you are being "spiritually fulfilled"... But, he's a liar and the Father of liars...



Only Jesus Christ can fill that God shaped void in your life.. Only Christ can give you eternal peace and joy..
1 John 2:26-28



26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.



27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.



28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
The first verse in the Bible says, "In the beginning God created..." The Hebrew word used here for God is Elohim which is in the plural tension implicating the Trinity, Father Son and Holy Spirit. So we could read it like this, "In the beginning PERSONALITY is, then created..." I believe not only in Jesus but the rest of the Godhead where love and communication have always occurred. From the beginning of critical philosophy beginning with Socrates, the existence function and value of personality has and still is the biggest challenge for any belief system. The Bible simply doesn't have this issues whereas a system like Islam has only one person and communication is not possible neither is the existence of a 'will'. It is clear to most people even the ardent Buddhist that personality exists despite their attempts to prove otherwise contrary to the evidence. It is more than just an experience, but an experience based upon intellectual integrity. Knowledge precedes faith and so faith has an object and is not merely based upon an experience minus an explanation or a sense of angst. Paul says the fools says in his heart that there is no God. He means they say this contrary to the evidence that they themselves represent. Apart from Genesis 1:1 there is no other system able to explain the existence function and value of personality.
I'm confused. You "KNEW" you experienced God, but now you don't believe in Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update