Thursday, December 10, 2009

I need help with identifing a fish?

i found this fish in a muddy dam on the sunshine coast, QLD. it has a silver belly and head while the rest of its body is transperant. it is a small fish around 2cm in length. it has a black spot near its anus on the silver part of its belly. i have a couple of them and they are breeding like crazy. i would like to find out what they are.



I need help with identifing a fish?events



haha, funny thing that... see, my sister tried many kinds of fish, but they all kept dying. eventually she gave up and went to a river or something with a fishnet and bucket and collected them... they sound EXACTLY like yours! they have thrived in her tank and she now has her first pregnant female! we have been trying to find out the same information, but cant really find them anywhere.... except for feeder fish in one of the local pet sores =P she just might have gone to the same dam as you! for now, i guess we just have feeder fish as pets... haha. well good luck. i will be keeping an eye on this question! ;)



I need help with identifing a fish?home theatre opera theater



Sorry, I really can't figure out what it is by the description, you are in Australia? Can you post a picture of the fish?
Sounds like wild guppies to me.
some species of gambusia?
It would help if I had a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update