Thursday, December 10, 2009

Question for those who've escaped abusive relationships?

Was your life ruined? Did the sky fall? I ask because I also hear an awful lot of horror stories about ruined lives, families, and careers thanks to abusers. I can't help but think that for every life that sadly does get taken or is ruined, there are many more that aren't. No, it's not sunshine at puppies, not at first, but I can't help but think that most people come out unscathed. A bit damaged? Well, of course, but they tend to emerge as stronger people. NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING THE ABUSER/BULLY DID, but because the target learned what and what not to put up with and learn to better protect him/herself so the nonsense doesn't happen again.



While I'm aware that not everyone gets a "happy ending", it seems that more do than people like to think. It's weird. In the media/novels, people like happy ending, but IRL, no one seems to want to hear it.



Question for those who've escaped abusive relationships?performing shows



I was in a 8 year ordeal I finally had enough and left him in 2004. When I left I felt free and able to do anything. My life got even better after I left him. He basically lived off of us he depended on us not the other way around. He couldn't get his own place because he is a felon and has bad credit and a very long extensive background. We have three kids together



I had to do it for them. If you have been in an abusive situation. I am very sorry to hear that. I am glad you left and are safe. Life for you will get better with the power of prayer. It worked for me and it can work for you.



Question for those who've escaped abusive relationships?say yes opera theater



A happy ending will depend on the person who was abused changing the cycle. By not settling for just any man who 'tickles' her every now and then, but by setting her standards higher as far as what she will accept and what she won't tollerate. It can be done, the first step is getting away from the abuser. Maybe getting in a support group, (many are free) to find out why and what drew them to that kind of person and ensuring that they have the support in staying away from people like that. Best of luck, and reach for the sky, it can only get better from her on out.
Abuse is a generational cycle. It is handed down generation per generation. The only way to break it is to step away from it. Healing has little to do with the abuser. It has to do with the abused reclaiming her life. Sometimes abused people need help. It is a sign of both wisdo,m and strength to ask for it. I keep all abused people in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update